” I discovered a great new, EASY way to have pork chops from H. Anton of North Dakota in a Cooking for One or Two Cookbook I like. Prep is 3 minutes tops and it was SO tasty! My husband and I both raved about it. She used lemon slices, but I just added a splash of lemon juice. I changed her directions just a bit to be easier. Double or triple this if you need to; it is worth it! This recipe is a keeper! Enjoy!
- 2 pork chops, bone-in, 3/4 inch thick ( I used thin, boneless pork chops. )
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 thin onion slices ( I used more)
- 2 thin lemon slices ( I used a splash of lemon juice instead)
- 1. Place pork chops in a greased 8 or 9 inch oven proof dish or pan. ( I used non-stick foil on the bottom of my pan and sprayed that lightly with oil spray for easy clean-up.)
- 2. Sprinkle the chops with the salt.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, ketchup, onion slices, and lemon slices (or lemon splash).
- For thin pork chops, bake at 350 degrees, uncovered for 30 minutes.
- For 3/4-inch pork chops, bake at 350 degrees, covered for 30 minutes, then uncovered for 15 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.