Chocolate Angel Food Cake using a box mix is FAST and EASY to prepare and it is really good!
It surprises people to see a chocolate angel food cake. I’ve made it quite a few times and people really love it.
And look at the Nutritional Values! 18 calories a slice! But 8 WW Points.
You can sprinkle the top with powdered sugar, you can frost the top, or serve the cake with a fruit sauce. But it is so good just plain! That is how I serve it!
I got this recipe from the great Cake Doctor Cookbook.
Chocolate Angel Food Cake~EASY! ~ Low-Calorie
- 1 standard 10-inchTube Pan
- 1 package (14.5-16 ounces) white angel food cake mix
- ¼ cup baking cocoa
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate grated
- Preheat the oven according to the directions on the box.
- Make the angel food cake according to the directions on the box, but add in the baking cocoa and grated chocolate before you begin to beat the mixing process.
- Follow the directions on the box to bake and cool the cake.