From Allrecipes….I tried!… We liked!… I recommend!
I adapted these just a bit and they are really delish!
My husband Bill raved about them!
These Zucchini Patties, or you can call them Zucchini Fritters, make a great side dish, appetizer, or a little snack!
You can substitute the red peppers for any other vegetable you like or use just the zucchini.
CHANGE THE AMOUNT OF SERVINGS: Use the RECIPE SERVINGS CALCULATOR before you print to change the amount of servings. Instead of 18, it will cut the ingredients in half for you to make 9. Or change the servings to however many you want to make. I usually cut it in half.
We like to eat them plain, but you can also serve with a dish of tomato sauce on the side for dipping.
Make them ahead of time and just reheat them in the microwave for a few minutes when you are ready to serve them.
They are VERY EASY to make!
Zucchini Patties (Fritters)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups zucchini grated
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup oil for frying
- With a food processor and a grater attachment, grate the zucchini. Alternatively, use a box grater and grate by hand.
- With your hands, squeeze handfuls of the grated zucchini until no more liquid drains out. Get the zucchini as dry as you can so they will be crisp. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat together the eggs, onion, flour, Romano cheese, mozzarella cheese, salt, and black pepper until well blended.
- Mix in the zucchini and chopped red peppers.
- In an electric skillet, heat the oil to 375 degrees or use a medium high heat on top of the stove.
- Use a tablespoon to carefully and slowly drop the zucchini mixture into the oil. You don’t want the oil to splatter. Use another tablespoon or metal spatula to flatten the batter into the hot oil. Cook the patties on each side for about 4 or 5 minutes until golden on each side. Remove them to a dish lined with paper towels and gently blot the oil off the tops with a paper towel.
- Serve immediately, plain, or with a side of tomato sauce for dipping.