This is my no-fail, super-easy, creamy and delicious chocolate fudge recipe that I love! I have a few favorite fudge recipes and this oldie-but-goodie is one I make a lot! Believe me, I think I have tried every new fudge recipe through the years and some are very complicated! Not this one! Use whatever chocolate chips you like, or you can use a combination of chips. Leave out the walnuts if you prefer. If you want a really high piece of fudge, use a 9-inch square pan, but I think this fudge comes plenty high enough in a 13x9x2-inch pan and you get more pieces! Use a candy thermometer and bring the boil up to 234 degrees instead of the regular 240 degrees for fudge, and you will never overboil it by mistake. Over medium heat, it will reach 234 degrees in about 5 to 7 minutes. Another trick is to stir continuously while it boils! That means you can’t even leave it for one minute….not for the phone, not to get something, or not even to rest your arm! You will get small bits of caramelization you don’t want! Just keep stirring! Have all the rest of your ingredients measured out near the stove, ready to quickly pour into the boiled mixture. Follow these directions to a “T” and you will have delicious, wonderful fudge! Easy! And it comes out great every time! NO grainy, over-processed fudge! Enjoy!
Makes: 48 pieces
¾ cup butter (1 ½ sticks)
3 cups sugar
⅔ cup evaporated milk (5-ounce can)
12 ounces chocolate chips, any kind
7 ounces marshmallow crème
1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped, optional
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Line a 13x9x2-inch pan with foil leaving a two-inch overlap on the long sides for lifting the fudge out of the pan.
2. In a medium bowl mix the chocolate chips, walnuts, and vanilla extract. Set aside to be ready to quickly pour it into the boiled mixture.
2. In a heavy 3-quart saucepan, mix the butter, sugar, and evaporated milk and bring it to a full rolling boil over medium heat.
3. Stir CONSTANTLY while it continues to boil for 5-7 minutes until it reaches 234 degrees on a candy thermometer.
4. Remove from the heat and quickly stir in the chocolate chips, walnuts, vanilla mixture, and then the marshmallow creme. MIx well, being sure to mix and stir reaching the bottom of the saucepan.
5. Pour the fudge into the prepared foiled-lined pan.
6. Cool on a wire rack at room temperature until the fudge is hard.
7. Grab the overlapping foil and lift the fudge onto a cutting board. Cut the fudge into 48 small bars.
7. Store the fudge covered on top of the counter, or in the refrigerator if you wish.
Easy Fantasy Fudge
Servings per Recipe: 48
Amount Per Serving: 1
Calories from Fat: 59
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 7g 10%
Saturated Fat 3g 17%
Cholesterol 9mg 3%
Sodium 28mg 1%
Total Carbohydrates 21g 7%
Dietary Fiber 0g 1%
Protein 0g 0%
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.0