I LOVE this delicious green bean recipe my daughter Amy came up with!
The crisp beans are so tasty with the butter and bread crumbs and it couldn’t be any easier to prepare.
It’s about 5 minutes from start to finish!
She knows I expect this at every family gathering!
Amy’s Italian Green Beans
- 12 ounces green beans in a microwaveable steamer bag
- ⅕ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs Italian-seasoned
- ⅕ cup Romano cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Follow the directions on the bag you are using to steam the green beans in the microwave. Usually you prick the bag with a fork and microwave them for 4 minutes. Remove the green beans from the bag and set them aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter with the garlic for a minute.
- Add the steamed string beans and stir to coat them.
- Add the breadcrumbs and grated cheese. Stir the green beans gently to coat them.
- Serve immediately.