I LOVE this delicious green bean recipe my daughter Amy came up with!
And so does everyone! Even the ones who don’t normally eat green beans!
The crisp beans are so tasty with the butter and breadcrumbs and it couldn’t be any easier to prepare. It comes together SO QUICKLY!!!
It’s about 5 minutes from start to finish!
She knows I expect this at every family gathering!
Amy’s Italian Green Beans
Crisp Buttery Green Beans with bread crumbs and a hint of garlic. My number 1 favorite way to have green beans! Delish!
- 12 ounces green beans in a microwaveable steamer bag
- ⅕ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs Italian-seasoned
- ⅕ cup Romano cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Follow the directions on the bag you are using to steam the green beans in the microwave. Usually you prick the bag with a fork and microwave them for 4 minutes. Remove the green beans from the bag and set them aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter with the garlic for a minute.
- Add the steamed string beans and stir to coat them.
- Add the breadcrumbs and grated cheese. Stir the green beans gently to coat them.
- Serve immediately.
CHEESE: Use Parmesan cheese instead of Romano, or whatever grated cheese you like!
Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 772mg | Potassium: 27mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 306IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 1mg
yes! Let me know how it goes!
Looks delicious and easy.
yes! Did you try them yet, Margo?!
Oh, these sound wonderful! Will try them. Thanks Amy.