This is AWESOME ! A delicious pumpkin cheesecake with the sour cream topping got rave reviews all around the table! Its pumpkin flavor is just perfect, not overwhelming, and the texture is light and creamy.
I found this excellent recipe from Joy of Baking’s Stephanie Jaworski, a favorite pastry Chef of mine. The only thing I changed was the crust.
I have tried several other pumpkin cheesecake recipes, but this one gets all five stars! If my daughter Amy, who is the connoisseur of everything pumpkin-flavored says this is ‘amazing’ and ‘awesome’ you can count on it!
- 8-inch Springform Pan
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter melted
- CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 2/3 cups light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces cream cheese full fat
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- SOUR CREAM TOPPING:
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Move the oven racks to bottom and to the center.
- Fill a 13×9-inch pan halfway with hot water and place it on the bottom rack of the oven to moisten the air.
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Spray or grease an 8-inch springform pan.
- In a small bowl, combine all the CRUST ingredients until crumbly.
- Press the crumbs into the prepared pan and bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, begin the CHEESECAKE FILLING for the cheesecake. In a small bowl, mix the sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
- With a mixer on medium speed, the cream cheese for 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar mixture and beat for 2 more minutes.
- Add the 3 eggs, 1 egg at a time, beating well after each (30 seconds). Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and the pumpkin puree until well mixed.
- Pour the cheesecake filling over the crust.
- Place the springform pan on a baking sheet in the center rack of the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350º.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325º and bake for another 10-20 minutes or until the cheesecake edges are puffed but the center is still a little wet and jiggles when shaken. Total time: 40-60- minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, use a whisk to mix together all the SOUR CREAM TOPPING ingredients. When the cheesecake is finished baking, spread the sour cream topping over the top of the cheesecake.
- Return it to the oven and let it bake for 8 more minutes to allow the topping to set.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and cool it on a wire rack.
- Run a knife around the edge to prevent cracking.
- Place aluminum foil over the top to allow the cheesecake to cool slowly.
- When it is cooled, place it covered, in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours, preferably longer, before serving.
- Nutritional Information