“This delicious pumpkin cheesecake with the sour cream topping got rave reviews all around the table! Its pumpkin flavor is just perfect, not overwhelming, and the texture is light and creamy.
I found this excellent recipe from Joy of Baking’s Stephanie Jaworski, a favorite pastry Chef of mine. The only thing I changed was the crust.
I have tried several other pumpkin cheesecake recipes, but this one gets all five stars! If my daughter Amy, who is the connoisseur of everything pumpkin-flavored says this is ‘amazing’ and ‘awesome’ you can count on it! Enjoy!”
|1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs|
|3 tablespoons sugar|
|5 tablespoons butter, melted|
|2/3 cup light brown sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/4 teaspoon ginger|
|1/8 teaspoon cloves|
|1/8 teaspoon nutmeg|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|16 ounces cream cheese, full fat|
|3 eggs, room temperature|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1 cup pumpkin puree|
|1 cup sour cream|
|1/4 cup sugar|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
1. Move one oven rack to the bottom position and another rack to the center position of the oven.
2. Fill a 13×9 inch pan half-way with hot water and place it on the bottom rack of the oven to moisten the air in the oven.
3. Preheat oven to 350º.
4. Spray or grease an 8-inch spring-form pan.
5. In a small bowl, combine all the CRUST ingredients until crumbly.
6. Press the crumbs into the prepared pan and bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool the crust on a wire rack.
7. Meanwhile, begin the filling for the cheesecake. In a small bowl, mix the sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
8. In a large mixer bowl, beat the cream cheese on medium speed for 2 minutes.
9. Add in the sugar mixture and beat for 2 more minutes.
10. Add the 3 eggs, 1 egg at a time, beating well after each (30 seconds). Scrape the sides of the bowl.
11. Beat in the vanilla extract and the pumpkin puree until well mixed.
12. Pour the cheesecake filling over the crust.
13. Place the spring-form pan on a baking sheet in the center rack of the oven.
14. Bake for 30 minutes at 350º.
15. Reduce the temperature to 325º and bake for another 10-20 minutes or until the cheesecake edges are puffed but the center is still a little wet and jiggles when shaken. Total time: 40-60 minutes.
16. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the TOPPING ingredients and spread it over the top of the cheesecake when it is finished baking.
17. Return it to the oven and let it bake for 8 more minutes to allow the topping to set.
18. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
19. Run a knife around the edge to prevent cracking.
20. Place aluminum foil lightly over the top of the cheesecake to allow the cheesecake to cool slowly.
21. When it is cooled, place it in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours, preferably longer, before serving.
Nutritional Information: Awesome 8-inch Pumpkin Cheesecake
Servings Per Recipe: 12 slices
Amount Per Serving: 1 slice
Calories from Fat: 211
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 23g 36%
Saturated Fat 14g 68%
Cholesterol 98mg 33%
Sodium 331mg 14%
Total Carbohydrates 36g 12%
Dietary Fiber 1g 3%
Protein 5g 9%
Vitamin A 72%
Vitamin C 0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.