“I finally got around to trying Nutella-filled chocolate chip cookies and they are as good as everyone says they are and something different to try. This one I tried I adapted from Cook’n’Share. The inside of the cookie has a soft chocolate center from the Nutella so you have to be careful not to overbake them.
Nutella is ground hazelnuts and chocolate so beware those of you who are allergic to hazelnuts. I add espresso powder for a little zing to the chocolate but you can leave it out if you don’t have it. Enjoy!”
1/2 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup Nutella hazelnut spread
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Spray or grease cookie sheet pans.
3. In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
4. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well.
5. In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and espresso powder, then add this to the egg mixture until a dough is formed.
6. Beat in the mini chocolate chips.
7. Chill the dough covered in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.
8. Scoop a heaping tablespoon of dough into a ball.
9. Flatten the ball out into a 3-inch circle.
10. Place ¾ teaspoon of Nutella into the center of the circle.
11. Squish together the sides of the circle around the Nutella so it goes back into a ball shape with the Nutella hidden inside.
12. Place the balls 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet pans.
13. Bake for 10 minutes or until the bottoms are just lightly browned. Do not overbake.
14. Cool the cookies on a wire rack.
15. Store the cookies in a tin on top of the counter.
Nutritional Information: Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
Servings Per Recipe: 26
Amount Per Serving: 1
Calories from Fat: 67 % Daily Value * Total Fat 7g 11% Saturated Fat 4g 20% Cholesterol 20mg 7% Sodium 71mg 3% Total Carbohydrates 20g 7% Dietary Fiber 1g 2% Protein 2g 4% Sugars 12g Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 1% Iron 3% * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
It’s look delicious
Thanks! Give it a try!