“A sweeter lemon poppy muffin with lemon filling…. this is so luscious!
The lemon filling recipe is on my website. Enjoy!”
INGREDIENTS:1- 1/4 cups sugar
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons poppy seeds
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon extract
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup melted butter
1 -1/2 cups lemon filling (recipe on my website) DIRECTIONS: 1. Preheat oven to 400º.
2. Line a 12 -muffin tin with paper liners or spray or grease each muffin cup.
3. In a large bowl mix together the sugar and lemon peel.
4. Stir in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and poppy seeds. Set aside.
5. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, eggs, vanilla extract, lemon extract, lemon juice, and melted butter. Add this to the flour mixture and gently stir until just combined.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin.
7. Bake 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Immediately remove muffins and cool on a wire rack.
9. When muffins are completely cooled, take a sharp knife and cut a circle into the top of the muffin, going down about half-way.
10. Fill the cavity with lemon filling.
11. Cut off the cake part of the top piece and place this cut-out top over the filling.
12. Store muffins covered in the refrigerator. Nutritional Information Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins with Lemon Filling
Servings Per Recipe: 12 Amount Per Serving: 1
Calories from Fat: 101* % Daily Value *
* Total Fat 13g 18%
* Saturated Fat 9g 38%
* Cholesterol 96mg 33%
* Sodium 316mg 16%
* Total Carbohydrates 51g 18%
* Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
* Protein 3g 6%
* Sugars 31g
* Vitamin A 8%
* Vitamin C 0%
* Calcium 3%
* Iron 5%* * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.