“Homemade Pinwheels, similar to the ones found in Long Island and NYC pizza places, can easily be made at home for a fraction of the price and just as good!
You can add anything you want in them! Try adding other veggies, or pepperoni, or sausage for the filling. This spinach/broccoli/mozzarella combo is my favorite.
Usually they are served with a small container of tomato sauce for dipping. They are so delicious! Enjoy!”
2 (10-ounce) packages frozen leaf spinach, or fresh
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, or fresh
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3 cloves minced garlic
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound . frozen bread dough (or make your own)
1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated or cut into small pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 500º.
2. Generously spray or grease the baking sheet.
3. Boil the spinach and broccoli packages together until almost cooked, then drain and squeeze all the water out.
4. Add the salt, black pepper, garlic, and olive oil and mix well. Set aside.
5. On a well-floured board, roll the dough into a 14×16-inch rectangle.
6. Spread the filling onto the dough.
7. Sprinkle the mozzarella on top of the filling.
8. Cut the rectangle into quarters, and then starting at the long side, roll each quarter and keep the seam end down.
9. Then cut each roll into 4 pieces to get a total of 16 pinwheels.
9. Place the pinwheels cut-side down onto the prepared baking sheet.
10. Bake for 10-13 minutes until golden brown.
Broccoli Spinach Mozzarella Pinwheels
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Amount Per Serving : 1
Calories from Fat: 77
* % Daily Value *
* Total Fat 9g 14%
* Saturated Fat 3g 16%
* Cholesterol 12mg 4%
* Sodium 438mg 18%
* Total Carbohydrates 15g 5%
* Dietary Fiber 1g 5%
* Protein 10g 17%
* Sugars 2g
* Vitamin A 57%
* Vitamin C 16%
* Calcium 19%
* Iron 6%
* * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.