“With a thick, fresh strawberry syrup poured inside a vanilla cupcake topped with whipped cream, you can’t go wrong! These are just delicious! I like this a whole lot better than jello-poked. I have done these with my own vanilla homemade cupcake recipe which I absolutely love and will share, but this quick version with the box mix is really superb! I have also done these with the regular sized cupcakes but prefer the jumbo sized cupcakes to get even more of that delicious pure strawberry filling inside. Enjoy!”
1 (16 1/2-ounce) box white cake mix (I use Duncan Hines)
3 egg whites
1/4 cup oil
1 cup water
4 cups strawberries, hulled,washed, and dried
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups heavy cream
4 tablespoons sugar
8 wholes strawberries, sliced in half
1. Follow the directions on the cake mix box using the egg whites, oil, and water and make 16 jumbo cupcakes. Let them cool.
2. Puree the 4 cups of strawberries and the ½ cup of sugar together in a processor until it becomes a thick syrup.
3. Poke several holes into tops of the cupcakes with the end of a wooden spoon, going down only about half way.
4. Carefully pour the strawberry puree into the holes.
5. Whip the heavy cream with the 4 tablespoons of sugar until stiff peaks form.
6. Frost or pipe the top of the cupcakes with the whipped cream.
7. Place a strawberry slice on top of the whipped cream.
8. Chill for an hour before serving or cover and store in the refrigerator for a day or two.
Real Strawberry-Filled Vanilla Cupcakes with Whipped Cream
Yield Per Recipe: 16 jumbo cupcakes
Amount Per Serving: 1 jumbo cupcake topped with whipped cream
Calories from Fat: 130
* % Daily Value *
* Total Fat 16g 24%
* Saturated Fat 6g 31%
* Cholesterol 40mg 13%
* Sodium 20mg 1%
* Total Carbohydrates 12g 4%
* Dietary Fiber 1g 3%
* Protein 1g 2%
* Sugars 9g
* Vitamin A 8%
* Vitamin C 33%
* Calcium 0%
* Iron 0%
* * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.0