With a thick, fresh strawberry syrup poured inside a vanilla cupcake topped with whipped cream, you can’t go wrong! These are just delicious!
I like this a lot better than jello-poked cakes or cupcakes.
I have made these with my own vanilla homemade cupcake recipe which I absolutely love and will share, but this version with the box mix is quick and real good too!
It works with standard-size cupcakes but I prefer making this with the jumbo- muffin/cupcake tins to get even more of that delicious strawberry filling inside each one.
Real Strawberry-Poked White Cupcakes with Whipped Cream
- Jumbo Cupcake Pans
- 1 box (16.5 ounces) cake mix white
- 3 egg whites
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups strawberries
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 8 strawberries sliced in half
- Follow your directions on the cake mix package and make 16 jumbo cupcakes. Let them cool.
- Meanwhile, puree the 4 cups of strawberries and the ½ cup of sugar together in a processor until it becomes a thick syrup.
- Poke several holes in the tops of the cupcakes with the end of a wooden spoon, going down only about halfway.
- Carefully pour the strawberry puree into the holes.
- Whip the heavy cream with the 4 tablespoons of sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Frost or pipe the cupcakes with the whipped cream.
- Place a strawberry slice on top of the whipped cream.
- Chill the cupcakes for one hour before serving or cover and store in the refrigerator for a day or two.