Homemade pizza with crumbled ground beef…. delicious!
This is with a homemade dough, but you can use store-bought dough to make it easier.
Pizza with Ground Beef
Homemade Pizza with Beef! Not hard and so0oo good!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups tomatoes crushed, fresh or canned
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- ¼ cup cheese grated Romano or Parmesan
- 2¼ teaspoons active dry yeast (1 package)
- 1 cup warm water (100°-110°F)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups flour
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Grease or spray a 10 x 15-inch jelly roll pan.
- In large bowl, mix the warm water, sugar and yeast, stirring until the yeast is dissolved. Let it stand for 10 minutes until the yeast has proofed. ( You will see it bubbling on top.)
- Add the salt, oil, and flour and mix well until a dough forms.
- Let the dough rise for 30 minutes in a covered, greased bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet on top of the stove, cook the ground beef, crumbling it fine. Drain any grease. Set aside.
- Spread the dough into the prepared pan, pressing the crust towards the edges of pan with your fingers so the crust raises to the rim of the pan.
- Spread the crushed tomatoes over the dough, leaving the crust white.
- Sprinkle the oregano, salt, pepper, and grated cheese over the tomatoes.
- Bake the pizza for 8 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven to add the cooked, crumbled ground beef over top of pizza.
- Bake another 5 – 7 minutes.
- Cut the pizza into 12 squares or however many you wish.
Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 624mg | Potassium: 217mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 239IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 2mg