“Chicken and veggies merged in a tomato sauce with your favorite pasta…. a great dish!
Vary your veggies and vary your pasta to your liking or to what you have on hand. Enjoy!”
4 pieces chicken
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 cloves minced garlic
2 sliced onions
2 sliced green bell peppers
1 cup roughly chopped broccoli
2 sliced carrots
1 cup sliced mushrooms
28 ounces tomatoes
8 ounces tomato paste
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon dried, crushed basil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup wine
1 pound pasta
2. Add chicken and cook until chicken is brown on both sides.
3. Remove chicken and set aside.
4. Add onions, celery, peppers, carrots, broccoli, and mushrooms to the oil and garlic and sauté for a few minutes until almost tender.
5. Add tomatoes, paste, brown sugar, and basil, stir well.
6. Add in the chicken, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
7. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
8. Stir in wine and cook uncovered for 15 more minutes.
9. Skim off any fat that might be on top.
10. Serve over your favorite pasta.
Calories from Fat: 53* % Daily Value *
* Total Fat 6g 9%
* Saturated Fat 0g 2%
* Cholesterol 0mg 0%
* Sodium 532mg 22%
* Total Carbohydrates 83g 28%
* Dietary Fiber 8g 32%
* Protein 16g 29%
* Sugars 16g
* Vitamin A 140%
* Vitamin C 118%
* Calcium 5%
* Iron 19%
* * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.