“This is a chocolate variation of the traditional Christmas Linzer Cookie, also using cinnamon, nutmeg, and hazelnuts. A very nice combination of flavors. Each cookie is 107 calories or 3 Weight Watcher points. Enjoy! “
|1 cup butter or margarine|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|2 -1/2 cups flour|
|1 cup ground hazelnuts|
|1 -1/2 teaspoons cinnamon|
|1/2 teaspoon nutmeg|
|1/2 ounce melted semi-sweet baking chocolate|
|1/2 cup raspberry jam 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar, for dusting|
2. In a large bowl,beat margarine and sugar until fluffy.
3. Blend in eggs and vanilla.
4. Blend in flour, hazelnuts, cinnamon, and nutmeg until a dough forms. (Dough will be sticky.)
5. Wrap dough in waxed paper and refrigerate for one hour.
6. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to one eighth of an inch thickness.
7. Cut with two inch shaped cookie cutters. In half the cookies, cut out a small shaped center of the cookie for the tops.
8. Place cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet.
9. Bake at 375° for 7 – 9 minutes.
10. Cool cookies on wire rack.
11. Sprinkle the cutout half of the cookies with confectioner’s sugar. Set aside.
12. Put 1/2 teaspoon of raspberry jam on the whole cookie.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat: 47
* % Daily Value *
* Total Fat 5g 8%
* Saturated Fat 4g 19%
* Cholesterol 21mg 7%
* Sodium 42mg 2%
* Total Carbohydrates 14g 5%
* Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
* Protein 1g 2%
* Sugars 6g
* Vitamin A 4%
* Vitamin C 0%
* Calcium 0%
* Iron 2%
* * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.