1 package yeast
1 cup warm water
5 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons canola oil or similar oil
2 cups flour
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
1. In a large bowl, mix warm water and yeast.
2. Add sugar, salt, and oil, mix well.
3. Add in flour and stir to make a dough. Add a little more flour if necessary to achieve a soft dough that is not sticky.
4. Use immediately, or let rise. Divide dough into eighths.
5. Shape dough pieces into 1/4 inch thick circles.
6. In skillet with heated oil, fry dough boys quickly until lightly browned on both sides.
7. Remove dough boys to a plate lined with paper towels.
8. Pat tops of dough boys with additional paper towels to remove oil.
9. Sprinkle with a dusting of confectioner’s sugar.
Nutritional Information: Rhode Island Doughboys
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Amount Per Serving: 1
Calories from Fat: 30
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 4g 5%
- Saturated Fat 0g 1%
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 295mg 12%
- Total Carbohydrates 37g 12%
- Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
- Protein 3g 5%
- Sugars 15g
- Vitamin A 0%
- Vitamin C 0%
- Calcium 0%
- Iron 6%
- * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.