It’s easy to make New York Cheesecakes for Two (or Four!) using two small four-inch mini Wilton springform pans.
I love making these when a large cheesecake is too much.
I add my favorite sour cream topping and then fresh strawberries with a glazed topping. You can use any fruit you wish, but use the glaze. It helps keep the fruit looking fresh.
I have so many favorite cheesecake recipes that I adapt using these mini springform pans!
Actually you can cut these mini cheesecakes in half and get 4 servings since these are pretty large mini ones! Eat one half today, then the other half another day! I give the nutritional count for eating a half one of these minis. But I have seen people eat a whole 4-inch one!
See some pictures in the slideshow below.
Mini New York Cheesecakes for Two (or Four!)
- 2 4-inch mini springform pans
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 strawberries
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- CRUST: Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a small bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs and sugar.
- Add the melted butter.
- Divide the crumbs evenly into two four-inch mini springform pans and press them down firmly onto the bottom of the two pans.
- Bake the crusts for 6 minutes. Remove them from oven.
- FILLING: With a mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and sugar.
- Beat in the egg and mix well.
- Add the vanilla extract, lemon juice, and flour and mix until well-blended.
- Pour the filling over the crusts and bake at 350ºF. for 15 minutes.
- SOUR CREAM TOPPING: In a small bowl, whisk together by hand the sour cream, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- After the cheesecakes have been in the oven for the first 15 minutes, spread the Sour Cream Topping on top of the cheesecakes, and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Turn off the oven, but open the oven door slightly, and let the cheesecakes remain in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and let them sit on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Cover them and chill them in the refrigerator for a few hours before adding the fruit topping.
- GLAZED STRAWBERRY TOPPING: In a small bowl, mix the apple jelly and water then microwave it for a minute to thin it out.
- Place the strawberries on top of the cheesecakes and brush them with the glaze.
- Store the cheesecakes covered in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, unlock the springform pans and use a metal spatula to slide the mini cheesecakes onto serving plates.
I previously posted this recipe on my website in June, 2014.