If you can’t decide what kind of loaf bread to make, try this one! It is a delicious mixture!
The combination of zucchini, carrots, apples, and walnuts works so well and the bread is so moist!
You can use 3 cups of zucchini, carrots, and apples in any quantities you want as long as it all adds up to 3 cups! I usually do about 1 cup each. One medium zucchini makes about 1 cup grated. One large apple makes about 1 cup grated.
Substitute 1 cup of something else if you want… bananas, mangos, peaches, cherries, etc. Use what you feel like and what you have.
If you like spices in loaf breads, add a little more cinnamon!
I make this bread by hand, but you can use a mixer if you prefer. Just don’t overbeat it. You don’t want a lot of air in the batter of loaf breads.
You can serve this plain, or top it with cream cheese frosting, or a dusting of confectioner’s sugar.
See pictures how I make it in the slideshow below.
Zucchini, Carrot, Apple Walnut Bread
- ¾ cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup zucchini grated
- 1 cup carrots grated
- 1 cup apples grated or coarsely chopped
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- ½ cup walnuts coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease or line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil and eggs. I make this bread by hand, but you can use a mixer if you want.
- Add the zucchini, carrots, and apples. Use a large spoon to mix it well.
- Mix in all the dry ingredients except the walnuts. Take your time to be sure to mix in all the flour to get a wet batter.
- Stir in the walnuts.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan. To prevent a dome top, make about a 3-inch-long little indent across the batter with a spoon. This prevents the top from being too high.
- Bake at 350°F. for 55-65 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean. If it is browning too fast around the edges, cover it with a tent of aluminum foil. I cut out a small square in the middle of the tent. See the picture in the slideshow.
- Cool the loaf bread in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove it from the pan and transfer the loaf bread to the wire rack to finish cooling.
- Store the loaf bread covered at room temperature.
I previously posted this in September, 2014.