Have you ever had a wine biscuit?
These wine biscuits have a soft texture to them and are so tasty and pretty!
I love the subtle wine taste and the aroma!
I am not a fan of the wine biscuits you can buy in Italian specialty stores which to me are too hard and not flavorful enough. These are different!
I got this great recipe from my friend Donna. Come to find out, she got it in a church cookbook which happened to be my childhood church!
If you’ve never had a wine biscuit, give this a try and you will be surprised how good it is!
Below see pictures how to make it
in the slideshow and in the fast-speed video.
Have you ever had a wine biscuit? These wine biscuits have a soft texture and are so-o good! Pretty too! Unlike the hard wine biscuits you can buy in Italian specialty stores, these are different because they are softer. I love the subtle wine taste! If you've never had a wine biscuit, give these a try! You will be surprised how good they are!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- With a mixer on medium speed, combine the brown sugar, white sugar, oil, red wine, and salt.
- ON low speed, add in the flour and baking powder. Mix until a soft dough is formed.
- Roll a heaping tablespoon piece of dough into a 5-inch-long rope shape.
- Now form the rope into a circle, or leave it long, or twist it to make a pretzel shape. Form it into whatever shape you want!
- Place the wine biscuits about 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until the bottoms are a light golden brown.
- Remove the wine biscuits immediately to cool on a wire rack.
- Store them covered at room temperature.
Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 126mg | Potassium: 35mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 1mg
I originally posted this recipe in November, 2017.
Hi Angie , They are the best but you don’t have to give me credit, got it out of the Catholic church cookbook Holy Angels? on Maple Ave in Barrington. Love, Donna ps so impressed with Vinney’s singing!!
haha! How about that, Donna! They are so oo good! Well, I got it from you! You tried it first! So you credit the credit! thanks about Vinny! Glad he likes to sing!
Its so nice and tasty 🙂
to Mistimaan… I am glad a few people know what wine biscuits even are! What a treat, right?!
Thanks for posting this recipe. I am anxious to try this recipe.
Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 6.
Let me know how it goes for you! 🙂