It’s a NO BOWL SNACK CAKE! You make it right in the pan, just stir all the ingredients together. That’s it and wow, is it good! Very moist!
DUNCAN HINES came out with this recipe in 1978. It is a winner and a keeper! It is incredibly EASY and FAST to make!
The chocolate chips and nuts on top are my addition, but you can leave the cake plain, or sprinkle it with confectioner’s sugar, or frost it.
No fork needed to eat it! It is a SNACK CAKE that you easily pick up.
If you never tried this incredible recipe, you should!
See the video below how EASY it is to make this delicious snack cake! We made this video in 2020 during the pandemic time.
Fast Fixin’ Chocolate Cake
The EASIEST, FASTEST snack cake to make! NO BOWL! You make it in the pan in less than 5 minutes! ! It is so delicious! So moist!
- 1 package devil’s food cake mix I use Duncan Hines
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix (4-serving size)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Pour the oil into a 13x9x2-inch pan. Tilt the pan until the bottom is covered with oil.
- Put the remaining ingredients into the pan and stir with a fork until the batter is all well- blended (about 2 minutes).
- Scrape the sides and even out the batter in the pan.
- OPTIONAL: I sprinkle 1 cup of chocolate chips and 1 cup of chopped walnuts on top of the batter.
- Bake at 350°F. for 27-33 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Store the cake covered on top of the counter.
FORK: No need to worry about the fork scratching your pan to make it. You use the bottom of the fork to mix it and it is covered in batter. You are not using the points of the fork. If concerned, just use a coated whisk, fork or spoon to mix it. VARIATIONS: * I sprinkle 1 cup of chocolate chips and 1 cup of chopped nuts on top of the batter before baking it. * Use whatever flavor chocolate chips and/or chocolate cake mix you like!
Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 311mg | Potassium: 214mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 48IU | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 3mg
I posted this recipe in September, 2016 and updated it to my new format in June, 2022.