Do you like pecan pie? Do you like cheesecake?
If YES, then this simple, EASY-TO-MAKE recipe that combines both is for you!
It is so-oo good!
SO EASY!! All you do is add layers to the pie shell!
It does its magic while it bakes.
I have been making this since the 1970’s when my friend Shirley first made it. She warned how rich it was as she handed over a piece!
It’s an oldie-but-goodie recipe that is a treasure! Definitely decadent, but people sure do love it! I cut the pieces small !!
Thanksgiving is a great time to feature this very special pie!
See the pictures in the slideshow to see how EASYit is to put together.
Pecan Cheese Pie
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- PECAN FILLING
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup light
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup pecans chopped
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING: With a mixer on medium speed, beat all the cream cheese filling ingredients together until creamy. Set aside.
- PECAN SYRUP FILLING: In a large bowl, whisk together by hand the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, and vanilla extract.
- CRUST: Spread the cream cheese filling over the bottom of the unbaked pie crust.
- Sprinkle the pecans over the cream cheese filling.
- Gently pour the Pecan Syrup Filling over the pecans.
- Cover the edges of the pie with a pie shield.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes. It is supposed to jiggle just a little bit in the center. It will firm up later.
- Cool the pie on a wire rack for 30 minutes, then chill the pie in the refrigerator for about 3 hours before serving.
- Store the pie covered in the refrigerator.