This Tortellini Alfredo Tortellini Alfredo, is light, not sickeningly heavy. It’s cheese sauce is so delicious!
It is FAST and EASY to do! You make it in UNDER 10 MINUTES while the tortellini is boiling!
Peas is classic in Tortellini Alfredo, but I don’t always use them. Bill doesn’t like peas but he likes them in this! I use whatever vegetables I happen to have or want! Sometimes I might add in some cubed ham or chicken. This version has the traditional peas, but I love adding fresh spinach and mushrooms.
I have tried other recipes, but this one is the keeper I’ve been using for over a decade, the taste is so light and good!
Tortellini Alfredo, Light!
- 1 package (14-19 ounces) cheese tortellini frozen or fresh, or your choice of filling
- ½ cup onion sliced
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 ½ cups peas frozen, or vegetables of your choice
- 1 package (8-12 ounces) spinach fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup mushrooms fresh, sliced or whole
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup Romano cheese grated, or parmesan cheese
- 1. Boil the tortellini as directed on the package.
- 2. While the tortellini is boiling, in a large skillet, sauté the onions in the butter just until soft, not brown.
- 3. Add in the frozen peas, fresh baby spinach, and mushrooms and stir a few minutes until the spinach is tender.
- 4. Stir in the heavy cream, black pepper, and Romano cheese until it’s heated through. (about a minute or 2.)
- 5. Drain the tortellini and add it to the cream sauce.
- 6. Serve with additional grated cheese, if desired.