“Royal Icing is a stiff icing used for decorating and it is usually made with egg whites or meringue powder. I never liked the hard royal icing where it is so sturdy that it cracks when you bite it. And I never cared for the taste either.
But I discovered a trick I use all the time now! ……CORN SYRUP!
Corn syrup gives you the same sturdy icing, you can definitely stack them, and it tastes wonderful! Go ahead and stack the cookies without them sticking to each other and ruining the decorations!
I never cared for the taste of traditional royal icing, but I liked the LOOK of it. This icing recipe tastes delicious, LOOKS GREAT, and is so easy to make!
The best thing is you can stack the cookies with no fear!
Royal Icing~ (Without Egg Whites or Meringue Powder)
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 4 teaspoons corn syrup light
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or extract of your choice.
- Mix all ingredients together in an electric mixer and beat on medium high speed until creamy.
- Add a few more drops of milk for a thinner consistency, if desired.