CABBAGE AND KIELBASA SOUP is so delicious! I love the flavor of it! This has a small hint of both tang and sweet in the broth.
We love this soup!
I did a variation of a recipe from Taste of Home, and it’s a keeper!
It is so fast and easy to make!
No salt is needed; enough comes from the kielbasa itself.
It is ready to eat in about 15 minutes, or you can let it simmer all day!
Cabbage and Kielbasa Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 pound kielbasa fully cooked, cut into one-half inch pieces
- 8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons white cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium cabbage chopped
- 4 potatoes cubed
- 4 carrots chopped
- In a large soup pot over medium high heat, sauté the oil, onion, garlic, and kielbasa for 5 minutes until the onion is soft.
- Add the water, vinegar, brown sugar, and black pepper, stirring to mix well.
- Stir in the cabbage, potatoes, and carrots.
- Bring it to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium low, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.