CABBAGE AND KIELBASA SOUP is so delicious! I love the flavor of it! This has a small hint of both tang and sweet in the broth.
We love this soup!
I did a variation of a recipe from Taste of Home, and it’s a keeper!
It is so fast and easy to make!
No salt is needed; enough comes from the kielbasa itself.
It is ready to eat in about 15 minutes, or you can let it simmer all day!
Cabbage and Kielbasa Soup
Flavorful and delicious kielbasa soup with a small hint of tang and sweet in the broth. We love this soup! It is incredibly easy to make!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 pound kielbasa fully cooked, cut into one-half inch pieces
- 8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons white cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium cabbage chopped
- 4 potatoes cubed
- 4 carrots chopped
- In a large soup pot over medium high heat, sauté the oil, onion, garlic, and kielbasa for 5 minutes until the onion is soft.
- Add the water, vinegar, brown sugar, and black pepper, stirring to mix well.
- Stir in the cabbage, potatoes, and carrots.
- Bring it to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium low, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
OPTIONAL: You can eat it right away or let soup simmer on the stove on thelowest heat all day! CROCKPOT: Do STEP 1 on top of the stove. Transfer it to the crockpot and stir in all the other ingredients. Cover, cook on LOW 8 hours, HIGH 5-6 hours.
Calories: 291kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 447mg | Potassium: 728mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 4168IU | Vitamin C: 53mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 2mg
Easy and delish
Thanks and so glad you liked it! Easy, right!?!! I like easy!