This is pumpkin bread kicked up a notch!
It has dates and raisins and nuts.
It is baked in a bundt or tube pan but the texture is not a pumpkin cake! It is a large pumpkin bread!
It is so moist, and really, really good!
It’s a favorite of mine during the fall holidays! I just love this one!
Pumpkin Raisin Date Nut Bread
- 1 standard size Bundt or Tube pan
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil canola or vegetable
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin solid-packed pure pumpkin
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dates chopped
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Spray or grease a 10-inch bundt or tube pan.
- In a large bowl combine by hand or with a mixer the sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree until well-blended. Set it aside.
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Add the dry ingredients into the egg mixture and mix it until well-blended.
- Stir in the raisins, dates, and walnuts.
- Cool the bread on a wire rack for 20 minutes, then run a knife around the edges to loosen the bread. invert it onto the wire rack, then invert it right-side up to finish cooling.
- Serve the pumpkin bread plain, or with a dusting of powdered sugar, or top it with a glaze.
- Store the bread covered at room temperature on top of the counter.