“A dear Norwegian friend Edith C. happily gave me this Kringla recipe years ago which was hugely popular at her church coffee hour. There are so many versions of Scandinavian Kringla that look and taste very different from each other. My family loves this one! It is basically just a large puff pastry and it is really easy to make! Yum! Enjoy!”
Servings: 12 Cook Time: 35-40 minutes total
1 cup water
1/4 pound butter
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup raspberry preserves
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract or almond extract
2 tablespoons water
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Grease or spray a twelve-inch round pizza pan.
3. In a medium pan, heat the one cup of water and one-quarter pound butter until butter is melted and water has started to boil.
4. Remove from heat and immediately stir in the flour and salt to form a paste.
5. Add the eggs one a time, beating well after each addition.
6. Spread batter almost to rim of prepared pan.
7. Bake for 15 minutes.
8. Reduce oven to 325° and bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until bottom is golden brown.
9. Remove from oven and cool.
10. GLAZE: In a small bowl, combine confectioner’s sugar, one tablespoon of soft butter, and two tablespoons of water until glaze is runny. Add more water if needed.
11. Spread the Kringla with raspberry preserves and then drizzle the glaze on top.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat: 76
* % Daily Value *
* Total Fat 8g 13%
* Saturated Fat 6g 28%
* Cholesterol 68mg 23%
* Sodium 120mg 5%
* Total Carbohydrates 33g 11%
* Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
* Protein 2g 4%
* Sugars 24g
* Vitamin A 7%
* Vitamin C 0%
* Calcium 0%
* Iron 3%
* * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Yes! I am a HUGE fan of raspberries also! We have so much in common, dear friend! 🙂 This is a raspberry lover’s treat! Hope you try it 🙂
Oh, anything with Raspberries is wonderful. Will definitely try this one.