NO Time? Quick and easy peanut butter cookies with only 3 ingredients will get you a plateful of homemade cookies really fast that are SO-O GOOD!
This recipe is still so popular after many decades! I made it as a teen!
You use just 3 ingredients: peanut butter, sugar, and an egg. The egg binds with the peanut butter to keep it together.
Optional are vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. They are not needed, but I do add them since I love vanilla so much!
You can top them with jam, or a Hershey’s kiss, or some chocolate chips or some peanuts… whatever you want! I love them all ways and plain too.
A favorite with both kids and adults!
See how easy they are to make in the slideshow below.
SUPER-FAST AND EASY Peanut Butter Cookies~3 Ingredients!
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- Pinch of salt optional
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly grease the cookie sheets or line them with parchment paper.
- With a mixer on high speed, or by hand, combine all the ingredients.
- Use a # 40 cookie scoop, or 1 tablespoon to drop the batter on the cookie sheets 2 inches apart. Flatten the balls with a fork in a crisscross design. Dip the fork in sugar if it sticks too much for you. See the Notes below the recipe for topping variations if you’d like.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden around the edges. Do not overbake! They will be slightly soft but will firm up as they cool. The tops will have some nice-looking small cracks.
- Cool them in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then transfer the cookies to the wire rack to finish cooling.
- Store the cookies covered at room temperature.
- VARIATIONS: Press chocolate chips and/or nuts on top of each cookie after you have flattened them with the fork. OR drizzle some melted chocolate on top of the cooled cookies. OR make an indent in the ball and add a half-teaspoon of jam.
- MAKE AHEAD: You can make the dough 3 days ahead. Store it covered in the refrigerator.
- FREEZE: These cookies do not freeze well, but you can make the cookie dough balls and freeze them.