This is a mini version of the famous Classic Betty Crocker Carrot Cake. To me, it is the best carrot cake recipe, and I have tried many!
Baked in a 7-inch small bundt pan, it will give you 8 generous size pieces. You can also make it in an 8 or 9-inch square or round cake pan which will give you a few more pieces.
I love the texture of the cake and the delicious carrot flavor. It is moist, without any added fruit or juices!
I use a Food Processor to grate/shred the carrots. Using the wide holes on a hand grater also gets the job done!
I love to eat carrot cake plain, without cream cheese frosting, but I know I am in the minority! The Cream Cheese Frosting is so easy to make, and really much better made from scratch!
AND…I love the way the cake cuts so cleanly and serves nicely. NO messy slices!
I have the 2-layer Classic Betty Crocker Carrot Cake on my website also.
I make this small version by hand, without an electric mixer. I start with a whisk then change to a wooden spoon to mix it. You can definitely use an electric mixer if you want to.
See how simple it is to make in the slideshow below.
Small Carrot Cake (mini version of the Classic Betty Crocker Carrot Cake)
A mini version of the famous Classic Betty Crocker Carrot Cake, the best carrot cake recipe! In a 7-inch small bundt pan it will give you 8 average-sized pieces. You can also make it in an 8 or 9-inch square or round cake pan which will give you a few more pieces. I love the texture of the cake and the delicious carrot flavor. It is moist, without any added fruit or juices! AND…I love the way it cuts so cleanly and serves nicely. NO messy slices!
- 8 or 9-inch square or round pan
- or small 7-inch Bundt pan
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups carrots shredded
- ½ cup walnuts chopped, optional
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 1-1/2 tablespoon milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- . Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Spray or grease and flour a 7-inch Bundt pan. Or you can use an 8 or 9-inch square or round cake pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, and oil with a wire whisk.
- Change to a wooden spoon. Stir in the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. It will be thick.
- Stir in the carrots and optional walnuts. Continue to stir until the thick batter is well-mixed.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes, depending on what pan you use. Always use a cake tester to check for doneness.
- Cool the pan on a wire rack.
- Invert the cake onto a serving plate and frost if you desire.
- FROSTING: Use the wire whisk attachment to your mixer. On low-speed, whisk together the cream cheese, butter, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Add in the confectioner’s sugar, and beat until the frosting is creamy.
- Frost the cake, decorate the top if desired. Store the cake covered in the refrigerator.
Sodium: 234mg | Calcium: 36mg | Vitamin C: 1mg | Vitamin A: 1677IU | Sugar: 49g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 114mg | Cholesterol: 64mg | Calories: 513kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Fat: 28g | Protein: 5g | Carbohydrates: 63g | Iron: 1mg