The Chocolatier Magazine in 1999 had this gourmet cream cheese brownie recipe that is to die for! It is very rich so I suggest cutting the bars small ! But then true chocolate lovers will want to eat two! It is definitely a great recipe for special occasions.
Below you can see a slideshow of the process.
The ones you can make with a box mix don’t even come close! Savor the rich chocolate and cream cheese taste when you take your first bite!
See the steps to make this in the slideshow below.
Chocolate Cream Cheese Marbled Brownies
From the Chocolatier Magazine, this is a special from scratch recipe that is just divine! You can taste the difference from a boxed cream cheese brownie mix. They do not even come close!
- BROWNIE MIXTURE:
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate coarsely chopped
- 1 cup butter unsalted
- 1⅔ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE:
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°.Line a 13x9x2" pan with aluminum foil, overlapping the sides to pick it up easily. Spray the bottom and sides of the foil with baking spray, or grease it with butter.FOR THE CHOCOLATE: Put all the chocolate pieces together in a bowl and microwave it on HIGH for one to two minutes, stirring halfway until it is almost fully melted. Remove it and stir until the chocolate is completely melted. Let it cool for a few minutes. FOR THE BROWNIE MIXTURE: In a mixer on medium speed, cream the butter and sugar. Add in the eggs, one at a time.Blend in the melted chocolate and vanilla extract.On low speed, blend in the flour and salt.Reserve 1 cup of the Brownie Mixture. Put the rest of the batter in the prepared pan and smooth the top.FOR CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE: With a mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese and the sugar together until smooth.Beat in the egg and the vanilla, mixing well.Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the chocolate batter.Spoon the reserved 1 cup of chocolate batter in dollops over the cream cheese mixture.Pull a table knife through the layers of the batter in a zigzag fashion to create a marbleized effect.Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out slightly moist.Put the pan on a wire rack to cool completely. Then using two ends of the foil as handles, lift it out of the pan. Cut into bars. Store them covered in the refrigerator.
INSTEAD OF 24 BARS, you may want to cut these into 36, or even 48 bars!
Calories: 287kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 165mg | Potassium: 115mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 533IU | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 2mg