“It is so easy to make your own pesto sauce! Once you taste it, you will never buy it in a package mix or jar again! There is just no comparison!
Pesto sauce traditionally is made with pine nuts, but I eliminate them. That is only my personal preference.
This recipe makes one and a half cups of pesto sauce, which is enough for one-half pound of pasta.
My very favorite pasta with Pesto Sauce is angel hair so I can taste more pesto and less pasta!
See the slideshow below for more pictures.
- 4 cups basil leaves
- 6 tablespoons oil extra virgin
- 5 tablespoons Romano cheese grated
- 2 garlic cloves
- Remove the stems of the basil leaves, wash the leaves and dry them on paper towels.
- Mix the basil leaves, oil, grated Romano cheese, and garlic in a food processor until well-blended.
- Serve over one-half pound of pasta.