SWORDFISH! It is a favorite fish of mine! Well, I like almost every fish! This is a simple Sicilian way to make it. No breading, no marinating, just a quick mixture of oil, butter, and herbs.
You really can’t mess up swordfish! This takes just a few minutes to prepare, and only 6-10 minutes total to grill! Use an outdoor BBQ grill or an indoor grill. Or you can use a grill that cooks both top and bottom at once, which is what I did this time.
Keep some extra sauce on warm to spoon over the swordfish before serving! Enjoy!
Grilled Lemon-Herb Swordfish
- Grill, (indoor or outdoor), or George Forman Grill
- 1 pound swordfish steaks, about 1 inch thick
- ¼ cup olive oil, extra virgin
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves, finely chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Heat whatever grill you are using to a high heat.
- Season both sides of the swordfish steak with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, melted butter, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, basil, and mint to make the sauce.
- Brush the swordfish steaks with about a tablespoon of the sauce on each side.
- For a top and bottom grill, place the prepared swordfish steaks on the grill, close it, and cook for about 6 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of your swordfish steaks. For a bottom grill only, cook them for about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Spoon the reserved warm sauce over the top just before serving. Serve with a lemon wedge if you'd like.