SWORDFISH! It is a favorite fish of mine! Well, I like almost every fish! This is a simple Sicilian way to make it. No breading, no marinating, just a quick mixture of oil, butter, and herbs.
You really can’t mess up swordfish! This takes just a few minutes to prepare, and only 6-10 minutes total to grill! Use an outdoor BBQ grill or an indoor grill. Or you can use a grill that cooks both top and bottom at once, which is what I did this time.
Keep some extra sauce on warm to spoon over the swordfish before serving! Enjoy!
Grilled Lemon-Herb Swordfish
A quick, simple sauce of oil, butter, lemon, and herbs is a Sicilian way to serve a delicious grilled swordfish. It is finished grilling in 6 minutes! No breading, no marinating! So yummy!
- Grill, (indoor or outdoor), or George Forman Grill
- 1 pound swordfish steaks, about 1 inch thick
- ¼ cup olive oil, extra virgin
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves, finely chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Heat whatever grill you are using to a high heat.
- Season both sides of the swordfish steak with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, melted butter, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, basil, and mint to make the sauce.
- Brush the swordfish steaks with about a tablespoon of the sauce on each side.
- For a top and bottom grill, place the prepared swordfish steaks on the grill, close it, and cook for about 6 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of your swordfish steaks. For a bottom grill only, cook them for about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Spoon the reserved warm sauce over the top just before serving. Serve with a lemon wedge if you'd like.
You don’t want to grill swordfish for too long, or it will become dry. If you’d like to test with an internal temperature, it should read at least 145°, and can go a little higher if you want it less moist.
Calories: 391kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 16g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 195mg | Potassium: 517mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 767IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg