“There is no other brownie pie recipe like this one! I got this in 1971 from my soon-to-be mother-in-law who loved to try new recipes. It has NO FLOUR in it and not many other ingredients either. It is a thin pie, like a torte.
It is so delicious and so moist! It is not your typical brownie pie where you feel you need a scoop of whipped cream or ice cream with it.
I use Nabisco chocolate wafer cookies to make the crumbs, but you could use any chocolate cookies for the crumbs. Use a 9-inch pie plate, not an 8-inch. There is something about that extra inch that spreads it out better to avoid air pockets. Enjoy!”
|3 egg whites|
|3/4 cup sugar|
|3/4 cup fine chocolate cookie crumbs|
|1/2 cup nuts, chopped|
|1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract|
1. Preheat the oven to 325º. Grease or spray a 9-inch pie plate.
2. With an electric mixer on the highest speed, beat the egg whites until you have soft peaks.
3. Gradually add the sugar and beat until stiff.
4. Fold in the chocolate cookie crumbs, nuts, and vanilla.
5. Spread in the prepared pie plate.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
7. Cool on a wire rack.
8. Store the pie covered in the refrigerator.
Nutritional Information: Brownie Pie~Easy!
Servings Per Recipe: 8 Amount Per Serving: 1 slice
Calories: 129 Calories from Fat: 40
% Daily Value * Total Fat 5g 7% Saturated Fat 0g 2% Cholesterol 0mg 0% Sodium 21mg 1% Total Carbohydrates 20g 7% Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Protein 3g 6% Sugars 18g Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0 Calcium 2% Iron 2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
This brownie pie looks yummy and easy. I might have to try it. Though I’m not much of a baker