“If you are a fan of the 7-Layer Mexican Dip, or any other baked dip, you will love this one!
You can substitute ground beef or turkey for the sausage, and change-up the layers to your own taste. Other veggies like mushrooms, onions, or broccoli would be great! Add whatever YOU like in the layers and it will still be outrageous!
This is a great Super Bowl appetizer or for any party all year-round. With red and green peppers on top it is gorgeous for Christmas, or decorate the top with orange, green, and yellow peppers for fall. Enjoy!”
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 (.7 ounce) package italian salad dressing mix
1 cup marinara sauce
1-1/4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
3/4 cup chopped Italian sausage, cooked, well-drained, and blotted with paper towels
10 slices pepperoni, diced
1/2 cup black olives, sliced
1/4 cup Romano cheese, grated
1/4 cup red and green peppers, sliced
1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, optional
1/4 cup fresh parsley,chopped, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and dressing mix together and then spread it on the bottom of a 10-inch quiche dish or a similar oven-proof dish.
3. Pour the marinara sauce over the cream cheese mixture.
4. Next sprinkle in order over the sauce: first the mozzarella, then the sausage, the pepperoni, the olives, the cherry tomatoes if you are using them, the grated cheese, and top everything with the pepper slices.
5. Bake for 15 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven.
7. Immediately sprinkle the top with parsley if you wish.
8. Serve immediately with pita chips, bread crisps, bagel chips, or anything crisp and sturdy enough to scoop.
7-Layer Baked Italian Dip
Amount Per Serving: about 1/2 cup
Calories from Fat: 105
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 13g 19%
Saturated Fat 7g 36%
Cholesterol 35mg 12%
Sodium 331mg 14%
Total Carbohydrates 5g 2%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Protein 6g 11%
Vitamin A 8%
Vitamin C 2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.