This biscotti is special for Christmas with the red and green from the dried cranberries and pistachios, but I love the taste so much I make these year round!
For the second bake time, I make a change from the usual way to do biscotti. I keep the second oven time short and do not twice bake each side. Instead, I put the sliced biscotti bars back in the oven with the bottom side down. Separate them from each other so the heat goes around them. This gives me a semi-soft or semi-hard biscotti, whichever way you want to say it!
A glaze is optional, not needed. I love them plain too. You can substitute any nut or fruit you wish, but this cranberry pistachio mix is a tasteful combination and really great for Christmas.
See my recipe for CHRISTMAS BISCOTTI using candied cherries.
The SLIDESHOW BELOW shows the steps how to make them.
Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
- ¼ cup oil
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1¾ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- 1-1/2 cup pistachio nuts
- SUBSTITUTE: You can use maraschino cherries instead of candied cherries. Slice them in half first, then dry them really well with paper towels.
- BISCOTTI LAST: They will keep for a month covered in a tin or pan at room temperature!
- FREEZE: You can freeze biscotti in freezer containers for up to three months.