“This biscotti is special for Christmas with the red and green from the cranberries and pistachios, but I love the taste so much I make these year round!
For the second bake time, I make a change from the usual way to do biscotti. I keep the second oven time short and do not twice bake each side. Instead, I put the sliced biscotti bars back in the oven with the bottom side down. Separate them from each other so the heat goes around them. This gives me a semi-soft or semi-hard biscotti, whichever way you want to say it!
I have seen this recipe in many places; it is popular. A glaze is optional, not needed. I love them plain. You can substitute any nut or fruit you wish, but this cranberry pistachio mix is a really great combination! Enjoy!”
1/4 cup oil
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 eggs, beaten
1- 3/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1-1/2 cup pistachio nuts
1. Preheat the oven to 300º.
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl combine the oil and sugar.
4. Mix in the vanilla and almond extracts and the eggs. Set aside.
5. In a small bowl, mix the flour, salt, and baking powder and add to the oil mixture.
6. Stir in the cranberries and pistachios.
7. Wet your hands and form the dough into 2 logs, 12×2 inches each on the parchment paper.
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the logs are lightly golden on top.
9. Remove the pan to a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes.
10. Reduce the oven to 275º.
11. Remove the logs to a cutting board. Using a sharp straight knife, cut the logs on the diagonal into ¾ – 1 inch slices.
12. Lay the slices, flat side down, back onto the parchment paper-lined cookie sheet , separating them a few inches apart.
13. Bake another 5 minutes. They will still be soft to the touch.
14. Transfer the biscotti to a wire rack to cool. They will harden a bit more as they cool.
15. Store the biscotti in a tin on top of the counter.
Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
Servings Per Recipe: 24
Amount Per Serving: 1
Calories from Fat: 25
* % Daily Value *
* Total Fat 3g 4%
* Saturated Fat 1g 3%
* Cholesterol 12mg 4%
* Sodium 52mg 2%
* Total Carbohydrates 14g 5%
* Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
* Protein 1g 2%
* Sugars 8g
* Vitamin A 0%
* Vitamin C 0%
* Calcium 0%
* Iron 2%
* * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.0