“When you can’t get to England to have a scone with the real clotted Devonshire cream, this is a great substitute, and it’s so easy!They say only the cows from Devon can produce that thick, yet creamy, silky, and nutty tasting clotted cream which is a really long involved process that takes days to make.
No time? No extra cash? Believe me, this easy version is great! To me, it is really the base of any cheesecake.
If you don’t have white vanilla extract, you can substitute the brown. If you want it a little sweeter, just add more sugar.
Put a slather of this on your next scone or muffin for a little taste of heaven if you can’t squeeze in a trip to Devon. Enjoy!“
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon white vanilla extract
1 cup heavy cream
1. In a large bowl with a mixer on medium high-speed, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, salt, and white vanilla extract until fluffy.
2. Change to the highest speed and slowly add in the heavy cream. Beat until stiff peaks form.
3. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Mock Devonshire Cream
Amount Per Serving: 2 Tablespoons
Calories from Fat: 73
* % Daily Value *
* Total Fat 9g 13%
* Saturated Fat 5g 23%
* Cholesterol 28mg 9%
* Sodium 46mg 2%
* Total Carbohydrates 3g 1%
* Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
* Protein 1g 1%
* Sugars 2g
* Vitamin A 6%
* Vitamin C 0%
* Calcium 0%
* Iron 0%
* * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.