“This is an old recipe that is still popular just the way it was even though it has gone through many variations over the years. Every once in a while someone remembers them and wants me to make them. I use all variations of the chocolate kiss, or chocolate eggs. Not a bad calorie count with one cookie being 79 calories or 2 Weight Watcher points. Enjoy!”
Servings: 42 Baking Time: 10 minutes
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 -3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar, toroll balls in
42 chocolate kisses
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Grease or spray cookie sheets.
3. In a large bowl, cream shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, and the one-half cup sugar.
4. Mix in egg, milk, and vanilla extract until a dough forms.
5. Shape dough into balls, using a tablespoon for each ball.
6. Roll balls in the one-quarter cup of sugar.
7. Place balls two inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
8. Bake for 10 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and immediately place a chocolate candy kiss in the center of each cookie.
10. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
11. Store cookies in a covered tin on the counter.
Nutritional Information: Peanut Blossoms
Servings Per Recipe: 42
Amount Per Serving: 1
Calories from Fat: 34
* % Daily Value * * Total Fat 4g 6% * Saturated Fat 1g 4% * Cholesterol 4mg 1% * Sodium 66mg 3% * Total Carbohydrates 10g 3% * Dietary Fiber 0g 1% * Protein 1g 2% * Sugars 6g * Vitamin A 0% * Vitamin C 0% * Calcium 0% * Iron 1% * * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.0