“Cinnamon,walnuts, and a sour cream dough rolled up to make one a delicious cookie! If you love pie dough as much as I do, this is for you. Sometimes I may add just a few raisins or dried fruit in the filling. I have tasted butterhorns many different ways, glazed on top, cinnamon sugar on top, or a slightly different dough mixture. This is a more traditional recipe. It is nice to know this butterhorn cookie is only 83 calories or 2 Weight Watcher points, if you can eat just one! Enjoy!”
Makes: 64 cookies Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
3- 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
1 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sugar
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Grease or spray cookie sheets.
3. In a large bowl, mix flour and salt.
4. Cut butter into mixture to resemble the size of peas. Make a well.
5. Add egg, sour cream, and vanilla and mix until it forms a dough.
6. Knead dough slightly then divide into 4 balls.
7. Roll each ball out like a pie shell into a 9-inch circle.
8. Sprinkle the filling evenly over the circles.
9. Cut each circle into 16 wedges, then roll the wedge towards the center point.
10. Place the butterhorns one inch apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
11. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes, or until bottoms are golden brown.
12. Immediately remove cookies to a wire rack to cool.
13. Sprinkle cookies with a dusting of additional confectioner’s sugar.
Nutritional Information: Butterhorns
Serving Size: 64 of a recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 1/64
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat: 42
* % Daily Value *
* Total Fat 5g 7%
* Saturated Fat 0g 2%
* Cholesterol 12mg 4%
* Sodium 48mg 2%
* Potassium – – %
* Total Carbohydrates 9g 3%
* Dietary Fiber 0g 1%
* Protein 0g 0%
* Sugars 4g
* Vitamin A 2%
* Vitamin C 0%
* Calcium 0%
* Iron 2%
* Thiamin – %
* Niacin – %
* Vitamin B6 – %
* Magnesium – %
* Folate – %
* * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.