A double chocolate banana bread that gets a double thumbs up from my chocoholic husband who thinks that chocolate is a food group.
Sour cream makes this nice and moist! Moist, but sturdy enough to pick it up to eat ! It has a strong chocolate and banana taste.
See the slideshow below for more pictures of some different times I’ve made it. Sometimes with walnuts, sometimes not! We love it with walnuts!
Double Chocolate Banana Bread
Sour cream helps make this so moist and delicious! it is so good! Double thumbs up for this double chocolate banana bread!
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 bananas overripe
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray or grease a nine by five-inch loaf pan.
- Use a mixer to cream together the butter, sugar, and eggs until fluffy.
- On lowest speed, stir in the bananas and vanilla extract.
- Blend in the flour, baking soda, and cocoa powder.
- Blend in the sour cream and the chocolate chips. ( and the walnuts if you are using them.)
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Sprinkle the top with a few more chocolate chips. ( and walnuts, optional.)
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the bread in the loaf pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Run a knife around edges of the pan to loosen the loaf from the edges. Invert the loaf onto the rack and invert it again to be upright. Let it cool for 1 hour on the rack. Transfer it to a serving plate.
- Store the loaf covered on top of the counter.
FROZEN BANANAS? Just put them in a bowl in the microwave for 2 minutes! You will have soft bananas all ready for the recipe! Bananas are great to keep in the freezer to use for baking!
Calories: 432kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 218mg | Potassium: 247mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 428IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 2mg