Using the microwave to make the filling and using refrigerated pastry rolls instead of making your own pie dough saves a whole lot of time to make these really great pastry tarts. The filling can be just raisins or a mixture of dried fruit, your choice. You can grease the muffin cups or for a prettier pastry tart just use foil (not paper) cupcake liners. In a few short minutes, you have 12 tarts that look and taste like you worked on them for hours! Enjoy!
Makes: 12 tarts
1 package, 14.1 ounces, refrigerated pie crust (2 rolls)
1/2 cup raisins or mixed dried fruit, cut into chunks
1 cup water
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup melted butter
1- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans or nuts of your choice
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Using a 12-cup muffin pan, grease the cups or line the cups with foil cupcake liners.
3. In a microwave safe bowl, combine the raisins (or mixed dried fruit) and the water and microwave it on high for 2 minutes.
4. Drain and set aside.
5. In a small bowl combine the egg, brown sugar, melted butter. vanilla extract and salt.
6. Stir in the raisins (or mixed dried fruit) and the pecans. Set aside.
7. On a floured board unroll the pastry sheets and cut twelve 4-inch circles with a cookie cutter or large glass.
8. Very gently, press the pastry circles in the prepared pan and flute the edges, pressing the dough against the sides of the muffin tin.
9. Gently spoon the filling into the foil cups or the pan.
10. Bake for 7 – 9 minutes, or until the filling begins to bubble on top and the crusts are just a light golden brown. Do not overbake.
11. Cool the tarts in the pan on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes.
12. Remove the tarts to a wire rack to complete cooling. If you used the foil liners, remove them when the tarts are cooled.
13. The pastry tarts can be stored covered on top of the counter, or you can put them in the refrigerator if you prefer to serve them cold.
Easy Delicious Nuts and Fruit Pastry Tarts
Amount Per Serving: 1
Calories from Fat: 73
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 8g 12%
Saturated Fat 4g 19%
Cholesterol 25mg 8%
Sodium 93mg 4%
Total Carbohydrates 22g 7%
Dietary Fiber 1g 3%
Protein 1g 2%
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.