“A moist zucchini bread base with added grated carrots, diced apples, and walnuts topped with a cream cheese and butter frosting. The flavors and textures of the fruit and vegetables in this bread make a combination that is really delectable. I am partial to the lighter colored, mildly spiced zucchini breads, so there is just a touch of cinnamon. I wanted to accent the fruit and vegetables in this bread rather than the spices.
I use a processor to grate the vegetables, but you can do it by hand with a box grater. Going the extra step to grate the zucchini and carrots rather than dice them makes the textural difference, but do dice the apples, keeping them in small bits.
There are 11 ingredients in this recipe so it helps me to get them all portioned out beforehand so I don’t forget anything!
Do not look at the calorie count, or just eat half a slice….if you can! 🙂 Enjoy!”
1- 1/2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup grated carrots
1 cup diced apples
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1-1/4 cup sugar
1-1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup oil
CREAM CHEESE AND BUTTER FROSTING:
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350º.
2. Grease or spray a 9x5x2-inch loaf pan.
3. In a large bowl mix all cake ingredients together in a mixer on low-speed or by hand until well blended.
4. Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
5. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
6. Let it sit for 20 minutes on a wire rack, then remove the loaf from the pan and finish cooling on a wire rack.
7. FROSTING: In a large bowl mix all frosting ingredients together in a mixer on medium speed until well blended.
8. Frost the cooled loaf and store this zucchini loaf covered in the refrigerator.
Zucchini Carrot Apple Walnut Loaf Bread
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Amount Per Serving : 1
Calories from Fat: 233
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 26g 40%
Saturated Fat 8g 41%
Cholesterol 44mg 15%
Sodium 155mg 6%
Total Carbohydrates 59g 20%
Dietary Fiber 1g 5%
Protein 3g 6%
Vitamin A 32%
Vitamin C 1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.