Add some sour cream and blueberries to JIFFY Corn Muffin Mix and you will get really delicious, soft and fluffy muffins!
This recipe is the suggested one from JIFFY for making blueberry corn muffins using their mix.
Some changes I made besides the SOUR CREAM:
1. Instead of two boxes, I use just one box. One box makes about 8– 9 muffins, depending on how much you fill them. I fill them almost to the top and get 8.
2. Also, I like a lot of blueberries so I use 1 cup of blueberries. If you like more cake, then keep the blueberries at three-quarters of a cup. I like them a little sweeter so I do a heaping one-third cup of sugar. See my notes in the recipe.
Use the servings adjuster in the print recipe box before you print to make more if you want.
See the pictures in the slide show to see how easy they are to make!
JIFFY Blueberry Corn Muffins Hack ~ Soft and Fluffy!
- Standard 12-cup Muffin Pan
- 1 package(8.5 ounces) JIFFY corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- ⅕ cup milk
- ⅕ cup sugar (I use a heaping ⅕ cup)
- ¾ cup blueberries (I use 1 cup. I like a LOT!)
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease the tin. Grease-proof or foil liners are best. Regular liners will need to be covered by a new, second liner after they are baked.
- With a mixer, or by hand, combine the JIFFY corn muffin mix, egg, sour cream, milk, and sugar until creamy.
- With a rubber spatula, fold in the blueberries.
- Fill the muffin cups ¾ full.
- Optional: Add a few extra blueberries on top of each muffin.
- Bake at 375° for 18 minutes. Insert a cake tester in your highest muffin to test for doneness.
- Immediately and carefully remove the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely. Don't cool them in the muffin pan. That will retain too much heat.
- Store the muffins covered at room temperature.