A small, 9-inch Chocolate Pumpkin Nut Snack Cake to try that I think is great change from regular brownies. It is so moist and fudgy, and it’s made with a brownie mix! NO eggs, no oil, no butter! The pumpkin puree does the job of all that! You will love that it takes less than 5 minutes to make! Use your favorite brownie mix. I used Ghiradelli Double Chocolate, with chocolate chips in the mix. It’s a great ‘pick-up-with-your-hands’ snack cake, no fork necessary! I love snack cakes! This has a big brownie taste with a hint of pumpkin that is not overpowering. Love this for the fall! Enjoy!
Chocolate Pumpkin Nut Snack Cake
- 9-inch square pan
- 1 package brownie mix, 18 ounces, family size, your favorite
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin puree, or use 15 ounces canned pumpkin puree
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- ¼ teaspoon ginger, ground
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves, ground
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips, your favorite
- ½ cup walnuts, or nuts of your choice, chopped
- sprinkles, your choice
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Grease, or spray with baking spray, or line a 9-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, with a mixer or by hand, combine the dry brownie mix, pumpkin puree, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and vanilla extract together until blended.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. First sprinkle the top of the batter with the chocolate chips, then the nuts, then the sprinkles.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool the pan on a wire rack. Cut into 16 squares. Store covered on top of the counter.