Roasted Vegetables with Shrimp and Sausage
Healthy and Delicious Roasted Veggies with Shrimp and Sausage is an EASY, quick dish to prepare! I used chicken sausage, but use any type sausage you want. Sausage gives a great flavor to this dish. The important thing to remember is to cut the different vegetables into the correct sizes so they all finish cooking at the same time. Root vegetables are cut up into 1 inch chunks and other vegetables are cut into 2 inch chunks. Enjoy!
- 8-9 cups vegetables, your choice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound shrimp, large, peeled
- 2 links sausage, cut into chunks
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Use some Root Vegetables, cut into 1-inch chunks. e.g. potatoes, carrots.
- Use some Other Vegetables, cut up into 2-inch chunks. e.g. squash, eggplant, peppers, onions. Brussel sprouts: cut in half.
- In a large bowl, place the vegetables, shrimp, and sausage.
- Pour the oil over everything in the bowl, and sprinkle in the salt and pepper. With a spatula, or your hands, gently stir so everything is nicely coated with the oil. You can mix this all in the sheet pan, but i find it easier to coat everything in a bowl first.
- Spread out all the ingredients in a sheet pan.
- Bake at 425 degrees, uncovered, for 25-35 minutes. About half way through the baking time, use tongs to flip the veggies, shrimp, and sausage over.