“An easy cocktail meatball appetizer recipe that a lot of people really like! The honey and the bourbon give a delicious flavor to the Swedish meatballs. You can use any small frozen meatballs, but I like it best with the Swedish meatballs. Using a slow cooker always helps to eliminate last-minute prep time when it comes to appetizers! You can serve them right from the slow cooker on the warm setting if you want to. Cut the recipe in half for a smaller crowd, but the leftovers are great with mashed potatoes or rice! Freezing the leftovers for another time works too! Enjoy!”
Makes about 96 small meatballs for a large crowd of about 25 to 30 people.
1 party size package (about 96) small,cocktail-size frozen Swedish meatballs
½ cup ketchup
½ cup honey, heaping
½ cup bourbon
½ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons lemon juice
Pinch salt and black pepper
- About 3 hours before serving, place the frozen meatballs in your slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients to make a sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs and gently stir to coat the meatballs.
- Cook on high for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- After 1 hour, turn the temperature to low and cook for 2 hours.