“The popular Paula Deen’s Fudge Pie is the inspiration for my take here and she uses ONLY 4 INGREDIENTS! Only 3 changes from her recipe are mine. I melt the chocolate in the microwave, I use an 8-inch pie plate for a higher pie, and I reduce the sugar just a little bit, without sacrificing any “wow” factors from my chocoholic husband Bill. He loves this pie; it’s a chocolate lover’s dream! It has such a refined chocolate taste.
No mixer is needed, it takes barely 5 minutes to whisk together. I prefer doing the melting step in the microwave; it is much easier than on top of the stove. Chocolate lovers need to taste this! Thanks to the great Paula Deen. Enjoy!”
2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
½ cup butter
1 cup sugar, (I use just a little under 1 cup)
1 9-inch unbaked pie shell, (I use 8-inch for a higher pie)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Break the chocolate squares into large chunks and cut the butter into large chunks and place them in a medium microwaveable bowl.
3. Microwave it on high for 1 minute. Remove bowl.
4. Stir with a spoon or whisk until it becomes completely melted. Mix in the sugar. Set aside.
5. In a small bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk. Temper the eggs with a few spoonfuls of the chocolate mixture and blend together well.
6. Add this egg mixture to the chocolate mixture, beating well with a whisk.
7. Pour the mixture into the pie shell.
8. Bake for 25 minutes, or until set.
9. Cool on a wire rack. Store the pie covered in the refrigerator.
Easy Fudge Pie á la Paula Deen
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Amount Per Serving: 1
Calories from Fat: 137
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 15g 24%
Saturated Fat 10g 50%
Cholesterol 66mg 22%
Sodium 103mg 4%
Total Carbohydrates 29g 10%
Dietary Fiber 1g 2%
Protein 2g 3%
Vitamin A 9%
Vitamin C 0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.0