“A real nice peach pound cake that is so easy to make and it’s a real pretty cake too. I made a few variations to Del Monte’s original recipe for this by adding 2 peaches to the batter and using canned peaches in pear juice rather than the lite syrup. The rest is the same. It works better to coat the pan with non-stick cooking spray and dust with flour instead of using a baking spray that has flour in it. Not too high in calories either! Enjoy!”
1/4 cup flour
2 tablespoons flour
2 cans (15 ounces each) sliced peaches in pear juice (or lite syrup)
1/3 cup oil
4 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 package (15.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
1 cup peaches, peeled and cut into chunks (about 2 large peaches)
¼ cup confectioner’s sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Coat a 10-inch non-stick Bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray, and dust with the ¼ cup flour, shaking off the excess.
- Drain 1 can of peaches, discarding the juice. Arrange the peach slices evenly on the bottom of the pan in the crevices. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the oil, egg whites, vanilla extract, and remaining can of peaches with the juice in a large bowl about 30 seconds or until smooth. Then beat in the cake mix for another minute.
- In a small bowl, use a spatula to mix the cut-up fresh peaches with the 2 tablespoons of flour until well-coated. Add these peaches to the batter and blend on low-speed for just a few seconds.
6. Spoon the batter carefully and slowly over the peach slices in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 – 60 minutes or until a cake tester inserted comes out clean.
- Place on a wire rack until the cake is completely cooled.
- Carefully run a knife around the rim of the pan and invert the pan onto a serving plate.
10. Dust the cake with confectioner’s sugar just before serving.
Easy Peach Pound Cake
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Amount Per Serving: 1 slice
Calories from Fat: 64
Weight Watcher Smart Points: 9
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 7g 11%
Saturated Fat 2g 8%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 195mg 8%
Total Carbohydrates 33g 11%
Dietary Fiber 0g 2%
Protein 2g 3%
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.0