THE NO BOWL CAKE! Remember this? You make it right in the pan; just stir all the ingredients together. That’s it and wow, is it good! Duncan Hines came out with this recipe in 1978 and it is a winner and a keeper! So super moist! So easy and FAST to make!
The chocolate chips and nuts on top are mine, but you can leave it plain, or sprinkle it with confectioner’s sugar, or frost it. No fork needed! It is a snack cake that you easily pick up. If you never tried this 5-minutes-to-make cake, you should! Enjoy!
1 package Duncan Hines devil’s food cake mix
¼ cup oil
1 ¼ cups water
1 package (4-serving size) instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pour the oil into a 13x9x2-inch pan. Tilt the pan until the bottom is covered with oil.
3. Put the remaining ingredients into the pan; stir with a fork or spoon until blended (about 2 minutes).
4. Scrape sides and spread the batter evenly in the pan.
5. MY OPTIONAL: Sprinkle 1 cup of chocolate chips and 1 cup of walnuts on top.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Let cool on a wire rack.
8. Store cake covered on top of the counter.
Nutritional Information (without MY OPTIONAL)
Fast Fixin’ Chocolate Cake
Servings Per Recipe: 12 pieces
Amount Per Serving: 1 piece
Calories from Fat: 96
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 11g 17%
Saturated Fat 5g 23%
Cholesterol 24mg 8%
Sodium 7mg 0%
Total Carbohydrates 13g 4%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Protein 1g 1%
Vitamin A 1%
Vitamin C 0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.