“A delicious shortbread crumb topping on these raspberry squares make these a knockout!
A great recipe for the holidays, for Valentine’s Day, for Teas, or for any time!
These deserve good quality raspberry preserves. Enjoy!”
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla paste or extract
2-1/4 cups flour
8 ounces seedless raspberry preserves
1. Preheat oven to 325º.
2. Spray or grease a 9-inch pan.
3. In a large bowl of mixer on medium speed beat the butter, sugar, confectioner’s sugar, and vanilla paste or extract until smooth and light.
4. Add the flour slowly until a dough forms.
5. Press three-quarters of the dough into the prepared pan. Important: Refrigerate the remaining dough.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are a light brown.
7. Remove the pan from the oven and spread the raspberry preserves over the dough.
8. Crumble the remaining dough over the preserves.
9. Bake for another 20-25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
10. Cool on a wire rack before cutting.
11. When you cut the squares, wipe the knife often to keep it clean so the red from the raspberry preserves won’t get on the shortbread topping.
12. Store the squares in a covered tin on top of the counter.
Raspberry Shortbread Squares
Servings per Recipe: 12
Amount Per Serving: 1 square
Calories from Fat: 133
* % Daily Value *
* Total Fat 15g 23%
* Saturated Fat 11g 53%
* Cholesterol 40mg 13%
* Sodium 113mg 5%
* Total Carbohydrates 45g 15%
* Dietary Fiber 1g 3%
* Protein 2g 4%
* Sugars 27g
* Vitamin A 11%
* Vitamin C 0%
* Calcium 0%
* Iron 5%
* * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.0