“No reason not to enjoy this dish at home and get a WHOLE LOT MORE of that delicious baked stuffed shrimp for your money! It bakes up fast, you just need some extra time to prepare it. Do not be tempted to cut corners and use the pre-cooked shrimp, you will be disappointed with tougher shrimp.
I think the ritz crackers make a much tastier stuffing than panko or bread crumbs. And they are already salted so there is no need to add salt. Using a processor to crush the crackers really saves work.
My recipe is for a large group, it fills two 13 x 9 inch pans. You can divide this recipe in half to serve 6 or to serve 2 with leftovers! Enjoy!”
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup minced celery
3 cloves minced garlic
180 regular (already salted) ritz crackers, crushed
3/4 cup grated Romano cheese
1- 1/2 cup melted butter
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons fresh parsley
1/2 cup white wine
1 teaspoon black pepper
3 pounds raw shrimp, extra-large
1/2 teaspoon paprika, for garnish, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 375º.
2. Line two 13x9x2 inch pans with baking liners or grease or spray the pans.
3. In a small fry pan, sauté the 3 tablespoons of butter, celery, and garlic until soft but not browned. Pour this into a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
4. Crush the ritz crackers and add them to the mixture in the bowl, stir in the grated cheese.
5. Stir in the melted butter, lemon juice, parsley, white wine, and black pepper. The mixture will be dry but should hold together. Set aside.
6. Remove the shells from the shrimp but leave the tails on. Turn the shrimp with the inside face up and butterfly the shrimp (run a sharp knife down the length of the inside, but not all the way through). Remove the black vein.
7. Flatten the shrimp at the cut and place them in the prepared pans, cut side up and tails turned up.
8. Mound about 1 tablespoon of the filling inside the cut of each shrimp.
9. Lightly sprinkle the shrimp with paprika if you wish.
10. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked and the stuffing is lightly browned on top.
11. Serve with lemon wedges.
Baked Stuffed Shrimp
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Amount Per Serving: about 1-1/2 cups
Calories from Fat: 244
* % Daily Value *
* Total Fat 27g 42%
* Saturated Fat 20g 98%
* Cholesterol 226mg 75%
* Sodium 1234mg 51%
* Total Carbohydrates 2g 1%
* Dietary Fiber 0g 1%
* Protein 17g 31%
* Sugars 1g
* Vitamin A 20%
* Vitamin C 3%
* Calcium 8%
* Iron 1%
* * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.