“All of Bisquick’s crustless Impossible Pies are so delicious and easy to change to the way you like them. This is my changed-up version to make a firm and flavorful crustless veggie quiche that is low-calorie!
Choose any vegetables you happen to have on hand. Many times I mix the 2 cups of vegetables, but I always keep in the onions, green peppers, cheddar and Romano cheeses. It will come out delicious every time!
You can substitute a 10 to 16-ounce bag of frozen vegetables for the fresh vegetables.
You can mix this pie up, cover and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours before baking it.
The whole pie will reheat well in the microwave for about 6 minutes. One slice takes only about 2 minutes. Enjoy!”
2 cups vegetables (broccoli, spinach, asparagus, broccoli, or anything!)
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup diced red pepper green bell pepper
1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup Bisquick baking mix
1 cup milk
1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400º.
2. Spray or grease a 10-inch glass or ceramic pie plate.
3. Steam the 2 cups of vegetables until almost tender. Drain any water. Do not steam the onions or green or red peppers. Leave those raw.
4. Place the vegetables, onion, green or red peppers, and cheddar cheese in the prepared pie plate. Set aside.
5. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, Bisquick, Romano cheese, milk, salt, and pepper until well mixed.
6. Pour egg mixture over the vegetables, pushing down with a spoon so all the vegetables are moistened.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Store quiche covered in the refrigerator.
Impossible Veggie Quiche
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat: 76
* % Daily Value *
* Total Fat 9g 14%
* Saturated Fat 5g 25%
* Cholesterol 77mg 26%
* Sodium 443mg 18%
* Total Carbohydrates 8g 3%
* Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
* Protein 10g 18%
* Sugars 1g
* Vitamin A 9%
* Vitamin C 92%
* Calcium 20%
* Iron 4%
* * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.