“If I want to go all out and make a really superb, gourmet cream cheese brownie, I pull out this recipe. It comes via the Chocolatier Magazine, approximately around the year 1999. You can taste the pure high quality of the chocolate. It is to die for! My chocoholic husband Bill thinks he died and went to chocolate heaven with one bite of this exceptional confection!
I suggest making the bars small since these are very rich. So heavenly! Savor each bite and enjoy!”
6 ounces bittersweet baking chocolate, coarsely broken
3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, coarsely broken
1 cup softened butter
1-2/3 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE:
16 ounces softened cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease or spray a 13x9x2-inch pan. Place aluminum foil over the bottom of the pan with a two-inch overlap on each side. Grease or spray the aluminum foil.
3. In a small bowl, melt the chocolate pieces in the microwave on high for one to two minutes, stirring halfway until melted. Let stand at room temperature for five minutes.
4. FOR CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and 1/3 cup of sugar on medium speed of mixer until smooth.
5. Beat in the 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Set aside.
6. FOR BROWNIE MIXTURE: In another large bowl, beat the butter and 1 2/3 cups of sugar on medium speed until fluffy.
7. Add the remaining 3 eggs one at a time, beaeteing well after each addition.
8. Blend in the melted chocolate and the 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
9. Scrape all but 1 cup of the chocolate batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
10. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the batter.
11. Spoon the reserved chocolate batter in dollups over the cream cheese mixture.
12. Pull a knife through the layers of the batter in a zigzag fashion to create a marblized effect.
13. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cake tester inserted in the middle comes out slightly moist.
14. Cool on a wire rack.
15. Using the two ends of the foil as handles, lift the brownies out of the pan and cut into bars.
16. Store the brownies covered in the refrigerator.
Chocolatier Marbled Brownies
Servings Per Recipe: 24
Amount Per Serving: 1
Calories from Fat: 163
* % Daily Value *
* Total Fat 18g 28%
* Saturated Fat 12g 59%
* Cholesterol 64mg 21%
* Sodium 148mg 6%
* Total Carbohydrates 28g 9%
* Dietary Fiber 1g 2%
* Protein 4g 6%
* Sugars 21g
* Vitamin A 10%
* Vitamin C 0%
* Calcium 0%
* Iron 4%
* * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.0